Sunday, June 3, 2007

Where to start....

I suppose the best place to start is where I left off. Or does it really matter? I mean...my life goes forward from this point on. What happened in the past is just that...the past. Suffice it to say....2006 sucked lol. A brief recap...then I move forward :)
  • Got engaged January 2006
  • Quit my job March 2006
  • Started losing my vision March 2006
  • Had to stop driving/reading etc May 2006
  • Got dumped mid-August 2006
  • Thought the relationship was back on end of August 2006
  • Got dumped again the first week of September 2006
  • Declared legally blind end of September 2006
  • October to December were the "dark months" (suicidal - nuf said)
  • Noticed vision was improving around Xmas
  • Eye doc appointment on January 25/07 - told I can drive again - what can I say, both the doctor and I were astounded by the improvement to my vision
  • January 25/07 - doctor "prescribes" that I get back into life and start dating (when a person saves your vision and gives you your life back, they tend to feel that they have the right to direct your life in other ways lol)
  • Mid-February/07 - started working again...not doing accounting like before...I am now an environmental/occupational consultant.

What have I learned from 2006? Well, I am way, Way, WAY stronger than I thought I was :) I believe that things happen for a reason...my blindness was given to me so that I could find out what was real in my life and what was not. It has given me such an appreciation for the beauty around me and for the faces of those I love most.

Soon after I got my vision back (it's not 100%, it never will be, but I can see well enough to drive, read, etc)...A friend of mine took me up in one of his airplanes (a small 2-seater Cessna). We went for a flight over the city of Vancouver and the mountains to the North. It was a gorgeous sunny day...and although I have flown into Vancouver many times, it was like I was seeing it for the first time. My eyes still well up with tears when I remember the beauty of that day....seeing a city from the sky that I thought I would never see again other than in my mind's memory. So many things are like that for me. It's like I am getting to see all my old familiar sights...but they are new. I feel so lucky...and even though I am not a religious person...I suppose I even feel blessed :)

More to come later....it's 4am...I couldn't sleep but now I think I can lol.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO SEEEEEE YOU! I have missed you and thought of you often.

You are right, I read the comment and was like who the heck is suzanne!!!!

I have to run out, but am going to send you an email... does the old account still work?

I am still on im btw, carolcamille2 (aim).

HUGGGGGSSSSSS I am so sorry that htings have been so hard, but I am also so happy to hear that you still exist on the planet - AND can SEEEEEE!

carolakabb said...

GGGGRRRRRR - "jessica" is me. I used googlecalendar for work and it is under her name, so I always forget to resign in under me after I've used it!

Suzanne said...

I shut down my old email account...it contained my accounting business name and well, I wanted a fresh start :)

My new email is suzanne1968@shaw.ca

I'll have to check and see if I have AOL. I know I did at one point.

Pamela said...

HI there you!!! geees girl will ya call me ..I had my phone stolen a while back & lost your number! ...& haven't heard back from any emails to the silly hazelmere address...please please please give me a shout will ya hon~!

BIG HUGS

Pamela said...

ooops now I see youir new Addy... that'll help~! Call anywho~!