Thursday, June 7, 2007

3 little pigs & Parents

No yoga class or workout done yesterday. My parents were coming to visit so I had to spend the day cleaning up the pig sty. I have come to the conclusion that I live with the 3 little pigs. No word of a lie...they are total slobs. For example, instead of putting a granola bar wrapper in the trash bin, they will shove it between the sofa cushions. I found a whole box of wrappers in there yesterday. If they spill somethng, they don't wipe it up...they will put something over it to cover the mess. Yep...the 3 little pigs. Anyway, after spending most of yesterday cleaning the house only to have them mess it up last night and this morning...I have decided that the 3 little pigs are going to shape up and start being less messy. Wish me luck....cover your ears....cause the nagging is about to begin.

Why have I let the 3 little pigs polish their slovenly ways? Well, my parents are neat freaks. So, in my efforts to not be like my parents...I went to far in the other direction lol. Time to find some balance.

I had a nice visit with my parents. Lots of talk about my niece's upcoming marriage in July. I need to get shopping soon to find a dress to wear. Would love to shed a few pounds first so I will wait a couple weeks I think before I start looking. Found out that my mom has cancer in her leg. It's not skin cancer...it goes deeper into the muscle. She says it isn't the kind that spreads and that they will just cut it out and all will be well. Her surgery is June 21.

You always think your parents will be there...but mine are both approaching 70 now...their health is excellent...both are very active. Mom does hot yoga and they both hike.....but I lately have realized that they won't be here forever. Eventually, everyone dies. The nice thing is...having realized this...it gives me lots of time to make sure that when they do go...I won't have regrets about not spending enough time with them. I think I may drive up to their place for Father's day (5-6 hour drive)...do a hot yoga class with my mom....shop for the dress with her...and kick my dad's ass at cribbage :)

Forgot to weigh this morning.

Keepin' it real...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:) Hmmm, I have the two little pigs - maybe they are related. Wrappers dropped right where they came off? Check. Clothes dropped right where they changed into pj's - Check Cupboards left open every time they take some thing out - Check Shoes? Don't even get me started.

Unknown said...

GEEEZZZZZ that was me again above - Carol

Anonymous said...

I blame my girls' father for their slovenliness. They aren't terrible, but do require LOTS of reminders. It doesn't help that my Hubby is a NEAT FREAK either. They leave a glass in the living room you will hear about it for at least a day.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit with your parents. How nice. I'll be thinking about your Mom and her upcoming surgery. Wishing her a quick and speedy recovery.

Suzanne said...

Carol ~ OMG OMG OMG the shoes...the shoes make me nuts! Just once I would like to walk in the door and not have to pick my way through the maze of shoes and backpacks. Maybe I should just hide the shoes and make the lil pigs go barefoot. Same thing with the clothing..and my kids also do their socks. How they can take one sock off in the living room then wander for a bit and leave the other one in the kitchen is beyond me.

Evelyne ~ I think I can blame my ex a bit too...he tends to not put things away. It was like living with 4 children instead of our 3.