Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Caffeine

No workout yesterday...ummm...TMI coming up....I found out it is possible to have too much sex...and that one can be rubbed raw in sensitive regions thus making walking, working out, peeing etc a challenge.

Ya...bet your eyes are burning now lol.

Now...onto this whole caffeine thing. Last fall when I was struggling with depression, they had me calculate how many milligrams of caffeine I was consuming a day. A 5 oz cup of coffee has 130mg of caffeine in it. If stress, anger, or anxiety are issues for you, they recommend that you drink less than 450mg of caffeine per day. When I added up my daily caffeine intake I was up around 1,200mg. Ya...I was a caffeine junky! It was to the point where if I didn't have some caffeine by 1pm each day, I would start to get a headache and would end up puking. Nice.

So, I decided to kick the caffeine habit. I slowly started drinking less and less each day until I got down to one 8 oz cup of coffee per day. This past week I quit entirely. What I am finding though is that around 1pm each day I get so veryyyyy sleepy. It's like a total crash and burn at 1pm. I also get sleepier a lot sooner in the evening. I'm hoping this will get better. I'll give it another week...and if it doesn't get better...I may try a cup of green tea in the morning. It has 35-60mg of caffeine in it but may be enough to keep me going through the day.

Didn't weigh today...just plain forgot...if anything it is going up...bad eating...yep...come kick my ass :)

Keepin' it real...

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Funny about the too much of a good thing.. ! :P
LOL & about the caffeine ..*yawn* yep an you tell I haven't had any yet..

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'd switch places with you in a heartbeat! God, it's been FOREVER since I've been that sore! I'm talking back to my young 20's. It hurts so good, don't it? Hee-hee.

Caffeine, I LOVE the stuff. Too much of it makes me feel jittery and nauseous though. But working this overnight shift, if I want to get anything done during the day, caffeine is my bestest friend. Thank goodness it doesn't affect me in a bad way.

carolakabb said...

uh... ow? lol

How the heck do you drink over 1000 mg of caffeine a day?

Lol, I did give up diet coke once. I told my husband it was so bad that having someone walk around and twist my nipples all day would be better.

Yeah, paints quite a picture doesn't it?