Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Comfort Zone...

I did my hot yoga yesterday...gosh it felt great to be back in there as I hadn't been for a couple weeks. I managed to make it through the whole class without having to lay down so I was pretty pleased with myself. Oh and I also managed to do the "tree toe stand" pose without falling over or injuring myself lol It wasn't pretty but at least I got there.

How do I feel today...a bit sore but not too bad. It amazes me how the hot room makes the stretching and poses so easy. I get my head into places I never thought it would go lol. Then I think...Man I am going to pay for that tomorrow. The next day comes and I am sore but not the kind of sore I used to get when I lifted.

I tried to research how many calories I burn during a hot yoga class and came up with 900-1,200. That seems pretty high to me. I've been to about 6-10 classes and if anything my weight has gone up. Mind you, it seems that when I work out I will sometimes let it be a free pass to eating/drinking whatever I want for the day.

So...the title of my post was comfort zone. I was thinking about the whole concept of having a weight that your body is comfortable at. You know, that place where you just seem to be able to stay somewhat effortlessly. My comfort zone seems to be 135-140 lbs. I can eat normally, not work out and just hover there. Over eating will lead to this number creeping up but it seems that once I go back to just eating normally again...it drops back into "the zone".

Can I be happy in "the zone"? This is what I am struggling with right now. If you stick me in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt...I look ok. Bathing suit, shorts, *shudder* naked...ummmm...not so good. I think part of the problem is that I KNOW how I look at 115-120 lbs. I know that I can be that weight. I have a closet full of size 1-2 stuff yet I sit back in my size 6-8 clothing and relax in the zone.

Maybe I just need to accept that I don't have the drive or dedication to do what I used to do to be in those small sizes. (I was a BFL machine) There is this part of me that wants to be that lean mean workout machine again...but then there is the other part that loves going for hot chocolate with my new man....loves snuggling and eating cheezies....loves how he always gives me the first and last bites of his coffee crisp. Do I want to give that all up for size 2 jeans and a rock hard body?

Then there are the cute little yoga outfits. I was watching the fat on my stomach bunching as I bent into some of the poses...god the rolls...the Pilsbury Dough Boy would have been proud lol. I know...I was bending over and we all get rolls when we do that..but still. I want them gone lol.

So, where does this leave me....do I stay in "the zone" or do I bite the bullet and kick my own ass back into a size 2?

Weight 138.2 today.

Keepin' it real...

1 comment:

carolakabb said...

lol - I've been doing yoga too - but put it aside for bootcamp.... anyway, I know of those rolls of which you speak - I see them too!!!! lol.