Wednesday, June 6, 2007

When did this happen?

Before I get onto my topic for the day...an update on yesterday. Got my hot yoga done again. The room seemed hotter today...more bodies in there I suppose. I literally dragged my ass through the whole class and felt like puking the entire time. I am not sure if it was because the room felt warmer, not enough water before class, or the stove top stuffing I scarfed back before I went lol. I am guessing it was probably the last two *guilty grin*. I managed to finish the class and although I had to lay down a few times to recover I felt I gave it my best effort considering I was burping up stove top the entire time lol.

There is this one back bending pose that they do...where you kneel then put your hands in the small of your back and back bend. Every time I try to do this pose I feel like I can't breathe and I get all light headed and woozy then have to stop. It's FRUSTRATING. Guess I will just have to keep perservering.

Now...onto what is on my mind for today. Yesterday my youngest child asked me if he could do something (I forget what...the what isn't important). My response to him is what got to me. He asked me if he could do something...and I said, "no". He said, "why not?". And I said, "Because I said so."

"Because I said so"....huh? That is something my mother used to say when I was a child and it made me nuts. It's such a non-answer. When did I become my mother??? The whole exchange got me to thinking about other things that I do that are just like my mom....

  1. Because I said so
  2. Brush your hair....it looks like a rat is nesting in there (don't ask lol)
  3. Is there a little boy/girl underneath all that dirt?
  4. "When are we leaving?"....."Soon". Said because I don't want to commit to an actual departure time because then I know they will bug me mercilessly right up until that moment.
  5. "Can I have an ice cream bar?" ...."Maybe later". Again....I have no intention of letting them have an ice cream bar...I just don't want to have the argument about it at that moment.
  6. Turn that music/TV down! (When did my hearing become so sensitive?)
  7. Eat your dinner....there are starving children in Africa (hated this one as a kid....always figured mom should just send them my portion and be done with the nagging)
  8. I never used to care about what I looked like if I had to dash out and get something...yesterday....needed a loaf of bread and was too vain to go into the corner store in my sweat pants, baggy sweatshirt, hair all messy and no make up. Trust me...this was never an issue for me before.
  9. I ironed my bedsheets last week...again...this was a first...I just couldn't stand the wrinkles! If I truly am becoming my mother...my T-shirts and shoelaces will be next...

So, when did I become my mother??? Was it a gradual thing...or did it just hit me over night like a run-away freight train? I always said I would not end up being like my mother...I fought against it...but somehow it crept up on me anyway. Sigh. I suppose it could be worse...my mom is a great person...but geeeeeezzzzz. I thought I would end up cooler lol.

Weight today 137.2 lbs...creeping down....

Keepin' it real...


4 comments:

Stef said...

Moggie, Moggie, Moggie.....You are back! Yay!!!!!!

I am glad your sight is back and I am sorry 2006 sucked for you. 2007 will be much better!

Welcome back to blogland!

=)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. I JUST had this conversation with myself the other day. I've tried so HARD not to be my mother and then WHAMMO! one day I notice I do ALOT of the same things she did that truly used to annoy the heck out of me. YIKES! What do we do?? We need to stage an intervention!! Help! Too funny.

Re: your previous post. I so agree. I have the rolls and wonder about the weight thing. I so want to wear all the cute size 5-6 clothing that's sitting in my closet mocking me but the effort to GET to that size is eluding me. Can't decide what to do in that area either. I'm just living one day to the next for now.

carolakabb said...

omg... I think I will have to pick up the "when did I become my mother" mantal in an upcoming post. Granted... never have and NEVER will iron my sheets....

Hugs. you are sounding good.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for stopping by Stef! It's great to see that you are all still out there in blogland :)

Tried to visit your blog, but couldn't get in :(