Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wedding Pics...

The wedding was yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful. I have never seen my niece glow like that...she truly was a joy to behold. They couldn't have asked for a better day weather-wise...sunny with a nice breeze to keep things comfortable.

The first pic is of my youngest son Keaton before his spit and polish. Not sure why he is holding up his game system..who knows...he is 7 so that might explain it lol


With the magic of a few hours and some time in a barber chair...I think he cleaned up pretty well. And yes...that is the same child lol. The pic was taken on the way to the wedding...not sure why he has such a shit-eating grin on his face...but it truly captures his essence lol.

This next pic is of my oldest son Baker (he is 11 yrs old)...the one that is staying with his dad for the summer. His father rented him a suit for the wedding so he was feeling pretty spiffy. Albeit a bit over-dressed considering he was not in the wedding party lol. As we all know...there is no telling my ex anything grrrrr. Granted he did look great but was wayyyyy too hot so consequently by the end of the evening most of the suit was gone and he was nagging to be taken home to change into something cooler.



This next one is of my daughter Taylor (she is 10 years old). Andrew and I were out getting Keaton's hair cut while she got ready and were completely blown away to see her come out the front door all dressed up. She tends to be a bit of a tom boy...leaning towards surf shorts and T-shirts.


Andrew just came home...so I will post more later :)

5 comments:

carolakabb said...

how are things going w/ sonny boy living at dad's?

carolakabb said...

ps: where is the pic of you and lover boy?????

Suzanne said...

Carol - The whole thing with my son at his dad's place...hmmm...it goes lol. He has been back here for a couple visits where he ended up bickering with his siblings endlessly then spending the rest of the time at a friends place. His dad has recently acquired a new girlfriend...who has 3 kids of her own...sleepovers have started already...so who knows whether he will be happy at his dads now that he has other kids there to contend with. The other 2 kids say he sucks up to his dad hugely and always gets his way. His dad pays him a dollar an hour to go to work with him...so being that he is a kid that can at this moment be bought...it would seem he likes it over there. I am trying not to get caught up in the whole thing of becoming a Disney mom just to try to stay in the competition. It's been tough. When he is here I am loathe to discipline him as much as I should because I don't want to alieniate him even further. However, it occurred to me after the wedding this weekend that I am not doing myself any favours by letting bad behaviour go unchecked. It ends up making my time, Andrews time, and the other kids time miserable when he is here since he lives to stir up stuff. So I have made the decision to just continue disciplining when he is here...he can either abide by the rules of my house...ie treating the other people with respect while he is here...or he can spend time alone in his room...or he can stop coming. Tough love but I can't see any other way around it.

Suzanne said...

His father knows that blowing your nose into a linen napkin just grosses me out. Baker warned me before we got to the wedding that his dad had told him to do it while at the wedding. I got up from the table to get a drink...Baker told Andrew that he was going to pull the linen napkin/nose blow thing when I got back. Andrew told him not to. I got back to the table and Baker did it anyway. I was so embarrassed as there were other relatives at the table who saw him do it. My first reaction was to send him to the car...but seeing as it was a wedding and I didn't want a scene...I just let it slide. Probably was not a good idea. Anyway, this is what I am up against. I now have my ex schooling my child in ways to make me nuts. Fucker (referring to the ex...not my child).

The whole situation is messed up. I should have blogged about this instead of commenting here lol.

Anonymous said...

Exes can be such asses. I'm keeping you in my thoughts with all of this.

You pics are beautiful though. Such beautiful children you have.