Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sappy Post...

First an update on yesterday...no workout scheduled for yesterday. Eating was so-so. I did my one week measurements today and the scale has gone up one lb however, I've lost....

Chest 3/4"
Belly Button 1/2"
Hips 1/4"
Butt 3/4"
Right Thigh 1/4" however left thigh is 1/2" larger lol
Body fat down to 29% from 29.4%

I am not getting too excited by these results as last week when I measured I was super-bloated due to it being right before TTOM. Still, I will take what I can get lol.

My cardio is done for today...ran intervals on the tready. Now I just need to eat clean :)

Now onto the sappy part....

Last night Andrew and I were laying in bed. It is my favourite time of day. The kids are all down and him and I lay there and just snuggle and talk. Last night he looks at me and he says, "I love you just the way you are."

Now for some of you this may not be a big deal but for me it was HUGE. I got all teary then started crying because it is the first time that I have ever felt loved unconditionally.

With Florida man I always felt like I wasn't enough...and in the end, I wasn't. He needed more than I was able to give. I felt like I was under a microscope, constantly criticized, and never measuring up. With my ex-husband it was the same thing. I would get all dressed up to go out and he would say something like....you look nice but I think it would look better if you accessorized more. The house was never clean enough, the children never well-behaved enough etc.

With Andrew, for the first time in my life, I feel loved just the way I am (fat or thin, sloppy or neat, dressed up or slobbed out, sick or well, happy or sad)....you get the idea. He just loves me :)

When I went onto Lava Life looking for a match...I had written this for what I wanted in a relationship...

"I want to find a relationship where words aren't always necessary...where a look or a smile can make the other person feel loved and special. I want the kind of love where the other person's quirky habits are endearing, not annoying....where you love them all the more because they are a freak :)"

Andrew and I have that lol. I knew he was something special on one of our first dates. We went to the home show. They had all these flower beds around the displays with this immaculate, untouched soil. We were walking along and I glanced at the soil then had this uncontrollable urge to put my foot in the soil to leave a mark. He grabbed me around the waist...pulled me to one side, and said. "don't even think about it". How he knew that that was what I was thinking at that moment is beyond me. This kind of stuff happens all the time.

He treats me with so much care and respect. Quite often in the middle of the night when we are sleeping I will feel him pull the covers over my shoulder if they have fallen off. Or we will just be sitting there talking and he will say, "You are so beautiful". When I am in pain from yoga or running....he will rub away the knots. We just get along so very well. It's been almost 6 months and we still have not had any sort of argument. Don't get me wrong...we disagree on things all the time...but it never gets angry. We usually end up laughing instead.

Anyway, sorry this is such a sappy post...but it truly hit me last night that I am so very lucky to have found this man. He makes me happier than I thought I could ever be :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I am so deeply happy for you, I have tears in my eyes. You really deserve to have someone that treats you with love and respect in your life. I'm so happy you've found him.

Whoo-hoo!!! Great job on the inches lost! Inches lost are inches lost. Great job on getting your workout done. Do this for you, obviously, he doesn't need you to change and that's wonderful. So just do this to remain healthy and feel good about yourself.

Pamela said...

Ok first the funny.. You , Me & AC/DC who knew! :P
Second Yay on the losses :)
& third.. I am so damn Happy for you hon!! .. having finally found what you Need & deserve. :)
SOOOO when are you guys commming over! To hell with the phone call nonsense ...just bring the kids...come for a road trip & bring your swim suits.. :) I think it'd be fun!

Stef said...

Isn't it great to be truly HAPPY??? Russ and I met online too... Match.com....and it is the best thing that ever happened to me!

Are you kicking ass to be FABULOUS AND 40????

=)

carolakabb said...

whoooo hooooo! YOU deserve it!

Erin said...

awwwwww... that is too sweet. I am SO happy for you. It's wonderful to have that sort of unspoken understanding in a relationship. :D

havlow said...

Glad to hear that you have the relationship you deserve!! Glad to hear you are losing some inches as well...even though he loves you the way you are ;)

Suzanne said...

Thanks everyone :)